Bellagio Art & Faith Creative Retreat
October 6 - 13, 2018
Sheila Atchley & Laura McCollough
Let me introduce you to my beautiful friend Sheila Atchley. Then I want to invite you to spend a week with us in Italy... because I know the Lord is going to show up during this week, and show us BIG things. Below are Sheila's words (and if you follow me on IG or read my blog, you know I'm all about WORDS lately, and these words from Sheila got me...)
"This October, in Bellagio, Italy, I will be bringing a word for those of us “in the middle”. While we are smack-dab in the middle of some of the most beautiful gardens in the world, ablaze with autumn glory, we will play with the idea of an Autumn Planting.
Gardeners do it all the time. Cold weather crops may need a little extra nurturing, and a little different mindset, but cold weather crops are some of the best.
It is never too late to plant something new and different.
God can take what you plant, right now in this middle-season of your life, even what feels like “late in the season”, and give you a “winter crop” that will knock your socks off and bless you all your days.
Through words and art, we will play with this and other “in the middle” themes, surrounded by the beauty that is Bellagio.
He makes all things new. He does all things well.
No one reaches the middle without a few regrets. Nevertheless (I love that word), we don’t have to settle for our present mid-life harvest, if it is even a little less than we hoped for. We can plant again, for a future harvest. Because our God makes and does, we don’t have to “make do” with what is. Such grace!
Come away for a little while, and let God restore your capacity to play, to dream new dreams and to plant new things."
Well here is a sample of one of the classes she is teaching that she just sent me.
We are praying the Lord moves in the hearts of those that need to be at this retreat. So pray about it and see if that's YOU. We can't wait to meet you in Italy this Fall!
Here are all the details:
The Fall 2018 Art & Faith Creative Retreat will be held at the Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni in the beautiful town of Bellagio, Italy. This is where we will meet by the lakefront upon arrival, enjoy our classes taught by inspiring teachers, spend time exploring this incredible village and find time to relax, be refreshed and leave renewed.
Each year we have done these retreats I am just in awe of how God is moving and knitting people together through these times together in Italy. We are so thankful the Lord has blessed us with this opportunity to serve and love and come along side the women that come to our retreats! Our prayer is always that the people who the Lord is calling to be there COME, and that throughout the week they are able to draw closer to Him and hear and experience what God is wanting them to learn in this beautiful setting. I know Sheila Atchley is excited to be a part of this week and we are so honored that she will is going to be a part of this week!
Registration will be OPEN for sign ups at 9am PST/NOON EST on THIS FRIDAY, November 10, 2017.
You can register by going to the SIGN UP button at the top of this website. Click on SIGN UP and the drop down menu will show 3 retreats. Click on the REGISTRATION page and then look for the image above for the Fall 2018 Retreat.
Here are more details and pricing for our week in Italy together:
The GHVS apartments, Hotel Florence and La Limonera are the accommodations for the week. The Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni is the crown jewel of the town of Bellagio with it’s gorgeous gardens, spa and fitness center, tennis courts, lakefront pool with sand beach and floating dock. The historic breakfast room in the hotel will have you believing you stepped back in time as you think about the people in history that have dined in this room like President JFK, Winston Churchill, Mark Twain, Clark Gable and many more. The music room in the evening is the perfect place to relax and enjoy talking with your new friends as you listen to the beautiful sounds of live music. You can enjoy all of these amenities at the GHVS with the convenience of your own apartment complete with a kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom.
Here's a preview of what the 7 night Bellagio Art & Faith Retreat will include:
- 7 nights at the Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni Apartments, Hotel Florence or La Limonera Apartments
- Opening Reception overlooking the gorgeous lake
- Tour of Bellagio, including the history of this region by a local tour guide
- Private Tour of Villa Melzi Gardens
- Morning Devotions and time to "Be Still" in the beautiful surroundings
- Excursion to a Monastery or Historic Castle in another charming village on the lake
- Bible Journaling and Art Classes in the beautiful event room of the Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni
- Excursion on Lake Como exploring the breathtaking sights along the lake on a private boat tour
- Ferry's to and from our excursions and meals as we discover the treasures this place has to offer
- Tour of a famous Villa across the lake from Bellagio
- Time to enjoy a walk with the teachers to sketch and journal
- Wine and Olive Oil Tasting at a private villa
- Lunches and dinners in gorgeous locations around the lake
- Grand Finale with dinner and surprise
- Transfer to and from MXP airport is included on a luxury private bus
- Free Make-n-Takes
- Amazing SURPRISES I can't reveal yet…but they are AMAZING!
- Plus time to relax by the lake or pool, stroll the cobblestone streets and enjoy LOTS of Gelato!
- Live music in the music room each night
- And…an unforgettable experience in Italy you will treasure forever!!
** This price does not include airfare
Price for the 7 Night Bellagio Retreat:
$3499 Per Person/Double Occupancy
$4299 Per Person/Single Occupancy